Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Research Process
1. EXPLORE: Explore information on your topic. Learn basic background info and facts: Who? What? Where? When?
2. ASK: Ask questions. Develop and refine a research question based on what you learned in your exploratory research.
3. FIND: Find and evaluate sources. Look for sources that deepen your knowledge of your topic.
4. GATHER: Gather important info - go deep! Read actively, take notes, keep track of sources. What info is useful?
5. CONNECT: Connect your notes back to your research question. Can you answer your question? Do you need more info? Has your evidence led you to a new question?
6. PITCH: Pitch your ideas. Summarize your research and propose a product to your teacher or a peer.
7. CREATE: Create your product with pride!
The Wellesley Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities. The Wellesley Public School System is committed to maintaining a school environment free of harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. All district academic and nonacademic programs and events are offered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.Harassment by administrators, certified and support personnel, students, vendors and other individuals at school or at school-sponsored events is unlawful and is strictly prohibited. The Wellesley Public School System requires all employees and students to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner with respect to their fellow employees, students and all members of the school community.The Director of Human Resources, 40 Kingsbury Street, Wellesley, MA 02481, 781-446-6200, has been designated as the employee responsible for coordinating the Wellesley Public School district’s efforts to implement this nondiscriminatory policy.
School Committee Policies • Legal Notices • Accessibility